At Swope Health Services, we’re joining forces with 1,200 community health centers to celebrate National Health Center Week, Aug. 7-13, 2016.
In honor of National Health Center Week, SHS is hosting two events:
- Burgers, Brews, and Brainteasers: 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5 at the Westport Flea Market. An evening of trivia, with raffles, a burger bar, drink specials and fun, with all proceeds supporting the SHS Patients In Need fund. Tickets are $25.
- Community Luncheon featuring author Dr. Karmen Smith: 11:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 12, at the Kauffman Foundation. Tickets are $45 and include a copy of Dr. Smith’s book, The “I Am” Solution.
Why celebrate community health and community health centers? Community Health Centers:
- Serve more than 24 million people in all 50 states
- Generate $24 billion in savings for the national health system annually
- Deliver primary and preventive care services, including screening, diagnosis, and management of chronic illnesses
- Offer enabling services including transportation, case management, health education and community programming
We’re honored to be part of the national celebration as a community health center serving the greater Kansas City region. We are proud of our mission and work: Improving the health and wellness of the community by delivering accessible, quality, comprehensive patient care.
Be part of the SHS community. Join us at one of our events or call us at 816-923-5800 to make an appointment for health care services. Same-day appointments are available.