Are you wondering about getting or renewing your healthcare insurance? We know there’s a lot of confusion about healthcare insurance, and we’re ready to assist with the facts.
- FACT: The 2018 Open Enrollment runs from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15, 2017. This is a shorter enrollment period than previous years, so please act quickly!
- FACT: The health insurance marketplace is still offering insurance plans with cost-sharing reductions and eligibility for Advance Premium Tax Credits. Plans are available for 2018 from multiple insurers.
- FACT: The Affordable Care Act, which requires insurers to make plans available to lower-income and underserved populations, is still the law of the land. You can apply for health insurance coverage at healthcare.gov or visit the SHS Outreach department where our trained navigators and certified application counselors can help you find a plan that suits your needs.
- FACT: More than 99,000 people in the Kansas City metropolitan area received health coverage through the federal marketplace in 2016-17 enrollment. Many more remain without coverage.
- FACT: SHS can help you determine your eligibility for financial assistance in the program, shop for the best deal and sign up for health insurance. Call 816-599-5590 to schedule an appointment with our counselors at any of our locations: Central, South, Independence, Hickman Mills, Belton, Northland, Wyandotte and West.
At your appointment, you’ll meet with a counselor who can help you check your coverage status, enroll in a plan or make changes in your coverage for the coming year.
Our counselors also assist with the application process for financial assistance from SHS, which is based on projected income and family size. Please bring your social security number, an income statement, like a paycheck or unemployment benefit, plus a photo ID and birth dates for everyone who’ll need coverage.
In the meeting, you should be prepared to talk about what’s important to you – specific health concerns, medications you’re currently taking, which physicians you want to see, etc. We’ll help you review plans, figure out what you can afford and help you sign up.
Please call us at 816-599-5590 to learn the facts. We’re here to answer your questions.